Demystify the cloud by building your own private OpenStack cloud
About This Book
- Set up a powerful cloud platform using OpenStack
- Learn about the components of OpenStack and how they interact with each other
- Follow a step-by-step process that exposes the inner details of an OpenStack cluster
Who This Book Is For
If you need to get started with OpenStack or want to learn more, then this book is your perfect companion. If you're comfortable with the Linux command line, you'll gain confidence in using OpenStack.
What You Will Learn
- Install OpenStack using the Packstack installation tool
- Create users, cloud images, and virtual networks to launch cloud instances
- Explore horizontal scaling to support the load that a cloud platform is expected to handle
- Set up monitoring to keep track of the health of an OpenStack cloud
- Troubleshoot issues with an OpenStack cluster
- Build storage and access it from your running cloud instances
- Orchestrate a multi-instance deployment to build a complex set of virtual infrastructure to run an application in the cloud
- Keep track of resources being consumed within an OpenStack cloud through metering
An OpenStack cloud is a complex jungle of components that can speed up managing a virtualization platform. Applications that are built for this platform are resilient to failure and convenient to scale. OpenStack allows administrators and developers to consolidate and control pools of compute, networking, and storage resources, with a centralized dashboard and administration panel to enable the large-scale development of cloud services.
Begin by exploring and unravelling the internal architecture of the OpenStack cloud components. After installing the RDO distribution, you will be guided through each component via hands-on exercises, learning more about monitoring and troubleshooting the cluster. By the end of the book, you'll have the confidence to install, configure, and administer an OpenStack cloud.
This is a practical and comprehensive tutorial on sorting out the complexity of an OpenStack cloud.
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text:|
Complete Photo Guide to Sewing - Updated and Revised Edition: 1100 Full-Color How-To Photos (Singer)